Banana Bread with Chocolatey Dipped Cream Cheese Frosting
Treat yo'self and refuel with this carbalicious treat that is perfect for a post-workout or after hours treat.
EXPRESS LANE tips:
Make muffins for an individually portioned treat. Pour batter into a lined muffin pan and cook for 20-25 minutes. Insert toothpick pick into muffins. Muffins are fully cooked when the toothpick comes out clean.
Use plant-milk yogurt, lactose free yogurt, almond or sunflower butter, agave instead of honey.
- 3 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 Tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt plain
- Optional Dark chocolate chips, chopped walnuts 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Kellogg's® Special K® Chocolatey Dipped Cereal
1. For the Frosting
1) Blend the cream cheese, vanilla, plain yogurt, maple syrup, honey, cinnamon and powdered sugar together until combined well forming a thick and creamy consistency.
2) Once your bread has cooled, spread frosting on the top.
3) Sprinkle with Kellogg's® Special K® Chocolatey Dipped cereal pieces for a final garnish.
2. For the Banana Bread
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F
2) Line the pan with parchment paper. This will allow your bread to slide out perfectly.
3) In a mixing bowl, add plain yogurt and sugar.
4) Add ripe bananas and mash them into the mixture.
5) Add the egg and vanilla extract and stir.
6) Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
7) Fold in the chopped walnuts or pecans or chocolate chips, if desired.
8) Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan.
9) Bake for 40 to 50 minutes and insert a toothpick to make sure the center comes out clean. Oven time may vary.
10) Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a cool surface or wire rack.