Berry Topped Baked French Toast
A scrumptious sauce made from strawberries and applesauce tops this easy-to-prepare French toast
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 slices firm whole wheat bread
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- Cinnamon (optional)
1. Place cereal in shallow dish. In another shallow dish combine egg, milk and vanilla.
2. Quickly dip bread into egg mixture, coating both sides. Roll in cereal, coating on both sides. Place in single layer on foil-lined baking sheet generously coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° F oven for 7 minutes. Turn bread. Bake at 450° F about 5 minutes more or until crisp and golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepan bring applesauce and 1 cup of the strawberries to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until berries are soft. Use potato masher to mash strawberries. Stir in remaining 2 cups strawberries. Heat through.
4. To serve, place one slice of bread on each serving plate. Top with strawberry mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired).
Introducing new Special K Dipped. Crunchy flakes dipped in creamy, chocolatey goodness and topped with cocoa powder, making it easy to do what’s delicious.Try It Now