Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
Start your day with a pumpkin kick that’s full of life and free of gluten.
Kellogg’s® Special K®Cereal Gluten Free Touch of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk or 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin latte syrup or pumpkin beverage syrup*
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder or instant coffee granules
1. In serving bowl combine KELLOGG’S SPECIAL K Cereal Gluten Free Touch of Brown Sugar and milk.
2. Drizzle with pumpkin latte syrup. Sprinkle with espresso powder. Serve immediately.
*NOTE: If desired, make your own pumpkin latte syrup. In small saucepan combine 3/4 cup water, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin and 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice. Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool completely. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 1 cup.
Tip: Leftover pumpkin latte syrup may be used as a sweetener for coffee, milk or oatmeal. Or, drizzle a little on top of ice cream or yogurt for a sweet treat.
Check out these chef created Special K® recipes.