Kellogg's® Special K® Southwestern Breakfast Burrito Bowl
Scramble up some southern comfort with this breakfast burrito bowl recipe and add a crunch with Special K® cereal. This easy recipe is a hearty start to your day that'll keep you going long after breakfast.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Kellogg’s® Special K® Cereal Protein, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde or other salsa
- 2 tablespoons canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cherry tomato or grape tomato, halved
1. Preheat broiler. In small bowl whisk egg.
2. In 8-inch, oven-safe skillet melt butter. Pour in egg. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edges. Using spatula, lift and fold egg mixture, allowing uncooked portion to flow underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is cooked through. Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle cheese on top of egg. Broil 4- to 5-inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
4. Pour Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Protein into serving bowl. Top with egg mixture, salsa, beans and cherry tomato. Serve immediately.