Spicy Sriracha Avocado Toast
Add a fried egg to this new classic to round out your meal.
EXPRESS LANE tips:
Mash a couple of avocados ahead of time for an easy anytime toast spread.
Add lime or lemon juice to the mashed avocado to keep it from turning brown.
Refrigerate mashed avocado in an airtight bag.
Use gluten-free bread or skip the Sriracha for a milder meal.
- 1 avocado, skin and pit removed
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/3 red onion or 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- to taste Salt & pepper
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 eggs fried, scrambled, or poached, optional
- to taste Everything But The Bagel seasoning
- to taste Sriracha
- 1 Cooking spray or olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine and mash the avocado, chopped red onion, cilantro, lime, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper to taste; mash until you get a chunky yet smooth consistency. Set aside.
2. Coat a non-stick pan with cooking spray or olive oil. Heat pan on medium heat.
3. For a fried egg, crack the egg into a small bowl and pour in the pan to fry the egg. Cook the egg until the white is set, for about 3 to 4 minutes, ensuring the heat stays moderate. Season with salt and pepper and set aside on a plate. Repeat with the second egg.
4. For an egg over-easy , cook for an additional 1 minute and for over medium, cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside on a plate.Repeat with the second egg.
5. Toast 2 slices of whole grain bread in a toaster until golden brown.
6. Spread mashed avocado mixture on each slice of your toasted bread.
7. Place one fried egg on top of each and drizzle with Sriracha. Garnish with cilantro, crushed red pepper and Everything But The bagel seasoning.