Tropical Pineapple Chicken and Cilantro Lime Rice Bowl
Escape to a tropical paradise with sweet pineapple, tender chicken, and cilantro lime rice.
EXPRESS LANE tips:
Save time with frozen rice which is ready in minutes and available in many grocer’s freezer sections. Make a large batch of rice and freeze individual portions that are ready when you are; skip step 9 if you do so.
Substitute the grain of your choice, such as barley or quinoa for rice and cook to package directions, adding cilantro and lime to taste. You can also substitute salmon for chicken!
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tsp chili powder
- 8 oz can of pineapple chunks (save juice for chicken marinade)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 lime Zest of lime juice
- ½ Tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 cups long grain or brown rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 1 Freshly chopped cilantro
1. Marinate chicken tenderloins in pineapple juice, minced garlic, chili powder and lime juice in a bowl for about 10 minutes.
2. For the Tropical Sauce
1) In a bowl, mix together pineapple chunks, low sodium soy sauce, honey, lime juice, fresh lime zest, and cilantro. Set aside.
3. For the Rice
1) Heat oil in a medium-sized pot on medium-high heat.
2) Add rice and sauté for a few minutes until slightly brown, stirring frequently.
3) Add water, salt, and lime zest and bring to a light boil.
4) Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
5) Bring to a boil, then to a simmer. Cover for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
6) Add lime juice and cilantro and fluff/ stir your rice.
*Tip: Cook rice in bulk and freeze in individual portions. Thaw on the stove or microwave in less than 10 minutes.
4. For the Chicken & Sauce
1) Preheat a skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
2) Once the skillet is hot, sear your chicken tenderloins on each side for 2 to 3 minutes and repeat until cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3) Add 1/2 cup of drained pineapple chunks to the same skillet your chicken was in. Sear until brown and lower heat to medium-low.
4) Pour your tropical sauce into your skillet and stir for about a minute. Simmer for 3 minutes.
5) Add your chicken back into the skillet in your sauce, coating each side with sauce. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes and turn off heat.
6) Spoon your rice into bowls and top with your chicken, pineapples and sauce.
Introducing new Special K Dipped. Crunchy flakes dipped in creamy, chocolatey goodness and topped with cocoa powder, making it easy to do what’s delicious.Try It Now