Perfectly crafted with zucchini and pasta, this lasagna delivers a delicious balance of carbs, protein, and veggies.
EXPRESS LANE tips:
No boil/oven ready lasagna noodles are a great way to simply assemble and bake;
no water boiling needed. Fresh oregano not available? Use half amount of dried oregano.
Use gluten-free lasagna noodles, ground beef or ground chicken.
- 2 medium-large zucchinis
- 8-10 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 36 oz spaghetti or tomato sauce
- 1 Fresh parsley (garnish)
- 3 Tsp fresh oregano
- 3 Tbsp chopped basil
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- ¼ cups parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ Tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Preparing the Turkey
1) Start by heating a large skillet on medium high heat. Add ground turkey and brown; cooking thoroughly. Drain liquid from the turkey.
2) Add garlic and tomato sauce to the turkey. Season with chopped basil, oregano/Italian seasoning, and salt and black pepper. Simmer for 3-4 minutes minutes.
3. Preparing the Lasagna
1) In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, parmesan cheese, egg, cheese, chopped basil, salt and ground black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
2) Bring a pot of water to a boil and season with a big pinch of salt.
3) Add your lasagna noodles to the boiling water and cook for 6 minutes, undercooking them. Drain and set aside.
4) To assemble the lasagna, spray the button of your 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
5) Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the skillet/pan.
6) Cover the sauce with 4 lasagna noodles.
7) Top with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1-2 cups of sauce.
8) Sprinkle about 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
9) Repeat layering but this time with zucchini slices instead of the noodles.
(Zucchini, ricotta filling, sauce...)
10) Repeat with 4 lasagna noodles, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese and sauce.
11) Top with zucchini slices, sauce, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese, and 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil, and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
12) Spray one side of a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the pan to prevent the cheese from stickingto the foil.
13) Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and broil for 5 minutes on high.
14) Let the lasagna cool and rest for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Introducing new Special K Dipped. Crunchy flakes dipped in creamy, chocolatey goodness and topped with cocoa powder, making it easy to do what’s delicious.Try It Now